Summer is vacation time. A time to travel with your family or friends and kick back and enjoy and recharge. A week of vacation can easily lead to a 6-8 pound weight gain. Here are a few guidelines to maintain your weight on vacation and still have a great time.
- Instead of having dessert every night, choose it three times during the week and enjoy some fresh fruit the other nights.
- Alcohol consumption is a part of many vacations, instead of going overboard, limit it to one glass of wine instead of three or four.
- Start your day with exercise, go out for a bike ride or a run on the beach.
- Have a protein breakfast.
- Keep hydrated with water, not fruit juices.
- Limit your carbohydrates the same way you limit your dessert, instead of every night, choose three nights out of the week to indulge in that bread, pasta or rice!
- Enjoy your meals and fuel your body, try not to over eat or over indulge.
- Finish up your day, take a walk and watch a beautiful sunset.